Monday, May 31, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Adapted from David Lebovitz. I used Eastwind creamy unsalted peanut butter and it worked fine. It's very rich and has an interesting texture, smooth but kind of clumpy in a good way.

3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar (I used brown sugar, but the recipe calls for white)
2 2/3 cup half and half (I used 2 cups cream and 2/3 cup 2% milk)
pinch salt
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (I used Tollhouse Minis)

Puree the peanut butter, sugar, milk/cream/half and half, salt, and vanilla in a blender (I used an immersion blender) or food processor until smooth. Chill thoroughly (I didn't bother since everything had come out of the fridge and was cold anyway), then freeze. Add chocolate chips at the end.

1 comment:

This is Sara said...

I just made this.... awesome. Super rich. I would do a choc swirl next time rather than the chips.